Terms & Conditions
- Interchange opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9pm.
- Weekend general hours are 9am to 9pm although we are not always open weekends. Please check with reception.
- For bookings outside of normal core hours an additional charge of £150 is applied.
The Premises are not available for hire between the hours of 12 midnight and 8.30am.’ The Hirer ‘must keep to the period of hire specified in the Event Contract and ‘The Hirer’ must indemnify Interchange against any claim, loss or costs arising from not vacating’ The Premises’ at the agreed time.
The maximum room capacity permitted may reduce dependent on your additional requirements in the room.
All room hires must be paid for prior to use. The Hirer will be required to pay the total fee due 30 days prior to any hire or event. An additional indemnity deposit of £200 against damage is required or £500 if alcohol or food is being consumed on the premises, and is to be paid 30 days prior to the hire or event by The Hirer.
- Main Hall: 200
- Council Chamber: 100
- Small Hall: 100
- All bookings must include set up and breakdown time.
- A full day is an 8-hour period, usually 9am to 5pm.
- A half day is a 4-hour period 9am - 1pm, 1pm - 5pm or 5pm - 9pm.
- Additional hours are added at the hourly rate.
- Minimum hire period on all rooms is 3 hours except the Main Hall which is 4-hours minimum.
If any damage is made to’ The Premises’ and or its fixtures and fittings during the course of an event or its preparation, the costs of making good the damage is to be paid by ‘The Hirer’ and the indemnity deposit will not be refunded. ‘The Hirer’ must not store, or allow to accumulate, rubbish or unused materials in any part of ‘The Premises’ or
- (i) Give performances involving danger to the public.
- (ii) Bring any explosive, toxic, hazardous or highly flammable substance on to ‘The Premises’ without our prior written consent.
- (iii) Use stroboscopic lighting, smoke, vapour or water vapours, lasers, cylinders for the storage of air or other gasses or liquids under pressure without our written consent.
- (iv) No naked flame is allowed unless prior written consent is given by Interchange’s Event management team. ‘The Hirer’ should apply for written consent to use real flame at least 30 days before ‘The Event giving full details of the proposed use of real flame and the date and time of use.
- (v) No one may give any demonstration, performance or exhibition of hypnotism or bring drugs or banned substances on to ‘The Premises’.
- (vi) No poster or announcement advertising the purpose for which ‘The Premises’ have been engaged shall be produced until it has been approved in writing by Interchange’s ‘ Events Management Team’ and no announcement is to be made before receipt of full payment for the booking unless with the prior consent of the’ Events Management Team’.
- (vii) Interchange and its agents have sole and exclusive rights to operate a licensed bar facility and to sell alcohol on ’The Premises’.
‘The Hirer’ and other persons attending must comply with all licensing and other regulations relating to the event.
No other commercial catering service may use ‘The Premises’ without prior written agreement from Interchange’s Event Management Team. Smoking is not permitted in any part of ‘The Premises’.
Parking is available to Blue Badge holders only. In general we have no special parking facilities other than disabled. Parking at the side of the building is for loading / unloading and Blue Badge holders only. All vehicles must display an Interchange parking permit and are left at the owner’s risk. Interchange accepts no responsibility in respect of any vehicle or for any loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents.
Children and young people under 18 years:
The centre is subject to the provisions of the Children Act 1989. Events for or with children present (0-18) should be planned with Interchange Events Management Team. ‘The Hirer’ must ensure that children and young people are adequately supervised at all times by appropriate adults and adhere to providing the following minimum adult to children ratios: :Under 2’s 1:3 children : 2 years 1:4 3-8 years 1:6 9-11 years 1:10 -15 11-18 years 1:15 -20. At events or functions where alcohol is to be served, arrangements for safe and secure storage before during and after the events must be discussed and agreed with Interchanges Event Management Team.
Please download our full terms and conditions below for further information.
|Terms and Conditions 2012.pdf||225.76 KB|